Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mellow Yellow

Just as the meteorologists predicted, the rains have returned to Seattle. And just as I had predicted, my mood has definitely been affected. Perhaps my pouting is just hormonal (sorry, gents), but I had really started to think that the constant sunshine the past week or so was a sign that summer was near. Sadly, this rain has washed away my optimism like sidewalk chalk.

Yesterday evening, while waiting for the bus, I tried to cope as best I could by taking in a good dose of color: standing under my bright yellow, duck-handled umbrella, savoring my last piece of yellow candied ginger (left over from my disaster-turned-delicious cupcakes last week), and hoping I would get just a peek of some yellow sun through the cracks in the clouds.

It helped a little, but I would have preferred to have looked down to find myself wearing these yellow lovelies. Yes, I know these would definitely cheer me up instantly:


*swoon*
Paige

1. Zac Posen sleeveless picot-trim dress
2. Diane Von Furstenberg Tasha tunic dress
3. Jason Wu silk embroidered shift dress
4. Twenty8Twelve Monette A-line silk dress
5. Catherine Malandrino cotton petal-detail dress

3 comments:

  1. Great pic's. Fav is Jason Wu's shift dress.
    Yellow will certainly help give that lift. Just keep focused that Seattle is the best place to be from July to Oct. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! They definitely put you in the summer frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete