Friday, June 12, 2009

Thrifted Thursday (a day late) - Mismatched Silverware

I love mismatched cutlery, as long as each piece is beautiful on its own, and there are rarely duplicates (I promise I'm generally not so high maintenance when it comes to my table settings!).




You can scour eBay or antique shops looking for heavy, hotel-style pieces made of real silver, but surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) this can get rather pricey.



The Boyfriend and I just went to Goodwill and found some pretty ones. We initially did this because we were going camping and we (ahem, I) didn't want to bring any of our current silverware set with us in the event they got lost or somehow ruined; it turned out to be a wonderful idea, though, because now we have a set of mismatched beauties that can add a more eclectic feel to any table setting, camping or not.


My new collection (click to enlarge)

Collecting silverware just might be a new-found obsession of mine and could be quite dangerous... but hey, if we have a lot of people over, having a lot of silverware on hand is always better than plastic cutlery!

It's too bad we don't have a dishwasher.

Happy Weekend!

*swoon*
Paige

P.S. The linen tablecloth in my photo is also thrifted!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! We had mismatched silverware when I was growing up and my siblings and I gave certain titles to different silverware designs (king, queen, prince, etc.). This post brought back some memories! I think mismatched dishware is awesome, too. Vintage dishes could double as decoration as well as dinnerware.

    ReplyDelete